Custom GST Audit: Are you Ready for GST
Audit from Customs Department?
This Custom GST Training Program is Claimable because the Training Provider is HRDF
Do you know someone who got audited? Have you heard some companies were
asked to pay GST Penalty? How to Avoid Common Mistakes that Can Be Very Expensive
Understanding Malaysia’s GST – Critical Issues, Challenges & Practical Solutions
in Today’s Business. Getting Ready for GST Audit from Custom. Custom GST Audit Workshop
To enlighten individuals and business owners on the critical issues, challenges and impact of GST on their
businesses. To understand the GST system integration and process. To update on Customs Department’s latest ruling,
circular, amendment and development. The GST Audit workshop aims to highlight and enlighten on how to carry out
proper GST audits and maintaining audit evidences. To understand the GST audit expectations for registered
companies and also learning GST tax planning.
(We strive to be a leader in the training industry by providing enhanced training and development
programs, effective solutions in developing talent in Human Resource.)
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT
- Understanding the critical issues, challenges and impact of GST
- Understanding the technicalities and mechanism of GST for various businesses
- Identifying latest updates, ruling, circular, amendment and development from
- Identifying and learning how to carry out proper GST audits and maintaining audit
- Understanding GST audit expectations, tax planning and deductions.
1. Latest GST Update / Changes
- Sit for Questionnaire / Checklist / Test / Quiz.
- The result of the test may be reported back to Management to assess the adequacy of the staff’s
- Assessing the adequacy of your practical GST knowledge
- Get Latest GST Update
2. Introduction of GST Audit
- What is GST Audit?
- What to do to prepare for GST Audit?
- Who are the possible audit target companies or industries?
- What may trigger an audit?
- Customs expectations for GST audit
- Myths vs Truth of GST Audit
3. Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- What are they and how to avoid them
- Examples of case studies of fraud, irregularities, ignorance
- Real past court cases
4. Errors in GST 03 Return AFTER Form submitted
- Under-paying output tax vs Over-Claiming input tax
- GST03 Form : What is required vs Not required
- What are the common mistakes? How to avoid them
- You discover errors in GST03 Form already submitted to Customs. What to do?
- How to amend GST after submitting GST03 Return Form
- What happens to errors if not amended
- What are the penalties
5. Appeals and Tribunals for Disagreements
- Can you disagree with Customs assessment, penalties, ruling?
- What can you do if you disagree with the Customs decision, penalty amounts, GST payments, technical
- How to disagree?
- Appeals: Steps and Procedures, Timings
6. GST Tax Codes
- 23++ GST tax codes classifications
- Mapping of GST tax codes to accounting entries
- Accounting treatment for each tax code
7. GST Audit File (GAF File)
- Understanding the GAF file
- GAF file in submission of the GST03 Return
- Analyzing GST accounting report or summary
- GST reconciliation account, adjustments made
- Keeping a Tax file
8. Clearing GST Grey Areas
- What can you do to clarify the grey area with Customs on technical or complex situations
- What can you do if they do not reply your emails or you call helpline just to talk to someone who cannot
- Different Forms Available: How to use them
- Practical Solutions to Q
9. GST Audit Expectations on GST-Registered Businesses
- Small medium size enterprises vs Large businesses
10. Tax Planning
- Detecting aggressive tax planning arrangements by businesses that try to design creative accounting methods
to evade paying tax.
- What tax planning available?
- What potential specific risky areas to pay attention to
- How to do a quick test to rate the integrity of business systems
- Transfer of ownership
- GST relief
11. Correcting Common Misconceptions
- Standard vs Exempt vs Out-Of-Scope vs Zero vs Relief vs Flat rate Supply vs Partial Exempt vs Full
- De Minimis Rule, Calculations
- Errors to avoid when computing of input & output tax: in contra
- Recharging, recovery vs Payment on Behalf
- Is recharging, recovery subject to GST
- Claiming input tax correctly. Charging output tax correctly
- Are you sure it is zero and not standard rated
- What determines if it is zero, an overseas address on a Tax invoice?
- Current updated ruling on GST acts, legislation updates and circular
- Are wages out-of scope or chargeable?
- Is it subsistence or entertainment?
- Record keeping requirements
- Import, export matters
- Displaying prices
- Single Taxable Person
12. GST Forms
13. Other Matters
Power Points Presentation, Discussions and Q & A sessions.
There is an invitation to Customs officers to participate in the Q&A, subject to availability of their
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is suitable for business owners, CFO, FC, accounting & finance managers, auditors, tax
accountants, IT, legal, accounting executives, office admin manager, HR, GMs, accounts assistants, department
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT TO ATTEND
Some basic knowledge of GST
RM2,100 per person for 2 days, include breakfast, lunch and teabreaks. Whatsapp 018-2107088
LOCATION: KL, Selangor. Below: Johor, Penang, Sarawak, Sabah,
Ipoh, Kuantan, Melaka
Bukit Jalil Golf Resort, Kuala Lumpur. Address of GST Audit
Seminar: Bukit Jalil Golf Country Resort, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 3, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur. To
download map and direction, click here
OTHER MALAYSIAN STATES (Click on the Links Below)
New 2018 Dates
Last 2018 Dates only in KL, CLICK HERE
Past 2017 Dates (No More)
GST Audit Workshop Penang
GST Audit Workshop Johor
GST Audit Workshop Sabah
GST Audit Workshop Sarawak
GST Audit Workshop Melaka
GST AUdit Workshop Ipoh
GST Audit Workshop Kuantan
GST Audit Workshop KL/
Telephone: 03-21169689 / Whatsapp 018-2107088
14 seats left. Now 7 seats left.
GST COURSES LINKS
WEBSITE GST MALAYSIA
Other GST Courses Links
CONTACT US NOW, Click Here
Other GST Courses Links
Want to join the Customs GST Audit
Workshop from Shah Alam, Klang, Petaling Jaya, PJ, Cheras, Selangor,
Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Sepang, Subang, Kajang, Port Dickson, Nilai, (from nearby Kuala Lumpur,